Tuesday, March 29, 2011

79 Days of Gratitude & Thanks - Day 9: Lately

I heard this song for the first time yesterday and it really hit more for me. As I make this 79 day journey for gratitude and thanks, I can't help but think that how easy I seem to be making it. Yes, it is easy to be appreciative (and I am) but as I walk this path to become the best possible me, I am still faced with obstacles. There are days that I struggle and days that it's hard for me to put my appreciation front and center. I'm a work in progress. As I continue down this path, not only I am trying to be kinder to myself, I'm working on patience (with myself and others), forgiving those who need forgiveness and working to find happiness everyday (if only in one small thing a day). As I watched the video for this first time day, the reality of my life was placed in front of me. I'm not living in poverty or a war zone. My family is healthy. We live in a nice neighborhood, I don't worry about were my next meal will come from or if I have water & electricity. And, my family loves one another. This is my happiness for today! This song has some pretty powerful lyrics. I wish I was a little more solid A little more grounded Maybe just a little more I wish I was a little less angry A little less selfish Maybe just a little less Lately I feel like crashin' I feel like the whole world is comin' to an end Lately I feel like nothin' really matters I, I wanna feel good again I wish I was a little more patient A little more forgivin' Maybe just a little more I wish I was a little less crazy A little less out there Maybe just a little less Lately I feel like I am crashin' I feel like the whole world is comin' to an end Lately I feel like nothin' really matters I, I wanna feel good again I wanna feel good again Lately I feel like crashin' I feel like I hate rappin' I feel like the world's gonna end And again situations keep goin' tragic I feel like defeats gonna happen In jail, no bail, we're packed in Every day just keeps on lastin' I just wanna keep gettin' past it I wanna waste away I wanna be left alone in hell No one gave a damn When I was sittin' in my cell So every now and then I feel a little bit close to the edge And I feel I'm about to break And I can't take the fact that lately I pay for my actions greatly Lately I feel like crashin' I feel like the whole world is comin' to an end Lately I feel like nothin' really matters I wanna feel good again I wanna feel good again I wish I was a little more solid A little more grounded Maybe just a little more

No comments:

Post a Comment