Tuesday, March 22, 2011

79 Days of Gratitude and Thanks - Day 2: The scanner

That's right, people - the computer scanner is my thanks today!

In January 2007, my mom's house caught on fire and she lost everything. Thankful she and my brother were not harmed but they do about 80% of everything they owned. The fire started in the garage so my mom lost everything she had in storage, including all her pics and photo albums.

She often talks about how disappointed she is that she doesn't have any pictures left of me as a child.

Her birthday is Thursday and with the help of my dad and aunt (along with Shutterfly and Walgreen's!), I have been able to reproduce about 400 family pics for her. Pictures of not only me and my brother but of her parent's, her siblings and lots of my cousins. It's been really fun going down my own memory lane as I look through all these photos. I am really excited to give her these pics. I hope she is excited about it too. I'm looking forward to going through the pictures and talking about old times with her later this week.

I won't have been able to do with the help of my user-friendly computer scanner!

No comments:

Post a Comment