Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Catching up on the blog...



So it's been almost a month since my last entry. It feels like nothing much was really happened but at the same time oh so much as happened in the last four weeks. Valentine's Day came and went. Sean & I didn't do anything for each other but we had a blast getting ready for Samantha's Valentine's day party at Day Care. Because we have been watching our money so carefully (and the fact that Samantha is two and so are her friends), we went with a homemade Valentine's for your classmates. I had some card stick and foam hearts in my craft bin so we made butterflies for the girls and caterpillar's for the boys. Samantha colored in the back of each card and picked out the foam pieces. I had all the ingredients for short bread cookies so I tired my hand that them. (Picture) They came out so cute and were very tasty. I had a few problems with the dough but eventually after a few hours it came together. I was actually really pleased with myself. Sean and I decorated them on Saturday night once Samantha went to bed. It was randomly a lot of fun. It's one of those moments were I was able to find simple pleasure with my husband. It was really nice. When Samantha woke up on Sunday and saw the cookies, she squealed with delight. It was too cute. When I started making these cookies, I couldn't stop. They were mini hearts and I needed to use up the dough. 14 dozen cookies later - we were done. Samantha loved Valentine's Day. She got to give all of her friends treat bags with cookies in them & a personally designed card. Not too bad for a homemade Valentine's Day. Oh, and she got to wear her new dress - which she LOVED!
The following weekend we headed east on a road trip so I could work on my mom's 50th birthday present. I can't give all the details as she may be following this blog and I want it to be a surprise. I'll post pictures and blog more about it after March 24.
The next weekend, it snowed pretty bad. I was at the Lake of the Ozarks on Friday for a retreat and Sean has at a training in KC on Saturday. We barely saw each other that weekend. I did have a great time at the retreat though. I drive down to the Lake with my co-worker Rose, who's company I'm really starting to enjoy outside of the office. She a lot of fun and she makes me laugh! We think alike about family things and it's nice to have a colleague who can be a friend out of work. The retreat was for a state conference I am chairing. It's actually my second year chairing the conference but last Fall I literally took it over 7-8 weeks before the actually conference. I was blessed with a super great time to pull it off but am I SUPER excited to have 8-9 months to plan it this year. I really enjoy the experience and it helps to fulfill one of my passions - event planning!
Let's see the weekend after that (the first weekend in March), I worked all weekend. Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.
And, now...BOOM - it's March 8!
In between the weekends, I have managed to start Zumba classes. Thanks to a gift from my dad, I got a 10 visit pass and have been enjoying every class I can attend. I've been telling everyone about Zumba. I just love it. I have no rhythm and I can't keep up with step but I still love it. I leave each class dripping in sweat and I have a lot of fun doing it. I haven't gotten to as many classes as I would like but I try to get to them on Mondays and Wednesdays. If I can, I try to walk on Tuesdays and Thursday. I've lost a few more pounds. Nothing major but ever few pounds adds up. I am suppose to have a fitting next weekend for a bridesmaid's dress and I was hoping to be at -75 by then. It may not happen 100% but I would certainly be okay with a -70 total weight loss. We'll see...I just keep pushing forward and keep working on the best possible me.

No comments:

Post a Comment