Saturday, March 26, 2011

79 Days of Gratitude & Thanks - Day 6: Laura Elizabeth Parker & Laura Elizabeth Prescott





As I was driving home today, I heard this song. This is an acoustic version by Shinedown. As I was listening to it my mind went to Sean and his grandmother & mom. Laura Elizabeth Parker (Ms. Laura) and Laura Elizabeth Prescott (Beth). There is not enough words in the dictionary for me to express my gratitude to them for Sean. Ms. Laura & Beth raised him & loved him unconditionally! Even when he didn't love his self and made decisions that caused more problems than solutions - they never gave up on him!


Ms. Laura is an outstandingly awesome woman. After her husband passed away, she pulled herself up and raised four kids on her own. She owned restaurants and had a tremendous work ethic. She also was instrumental in raising Sean. She was tough on him. He was working in the family restaurant as soon as he was tall enough to see over the counter. She is the only person I know that can command an instant respect from him and the only one I know that can put him in his place. I loved her from the first moment we met! She and I spent hours looking through old family photos and I just soaked it up. She's sassy, has lived a long fulfilled life and doesn't take crap from anyone!


Beth raised Sean as a single parent. She was extremely smart and placed a tremendous value on education. She was the first one in her family to get an advanced college degree. Sean was Beth's pride! She certainly had a mother's unchangeable love because she supported him during the most challenging of times in his life. Unfortunately, Beth passed away a year after Sean & I started dating so my experience with her is much less limited. I do know that she is looking down on us and sending us blessings everyday.


Ms. Laura and Beth instilled in Sean a tremendous work ethic, a desire to continuously learn and a tremendous sense of independence. All traits that rate at the top of my wish list in a partner.


Sean is the most important person in my life and to imagine it without him makes me cry (literally, I'm crying right now). It has take Sean a lot to get to this point in his life. The fact that Ms. Laura and Beth never gave up on him (and on more than one occasion, kicked his sorry ass into shape and leaving behind his demons) has allowed my life to be what it is today. Sean introduced me to love - taught me to love myself and loves me unconditionally.


Thank you Ms. Laura and Beth! I was always be eternally grateful...

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to not only Sean, but to the women who shaped him into the man he is today! I also love your 79 days of gratitude and have found myself, on a daily basis, in anticipation for the next post!

    ReplyDelete