Friday, March 25, 2011

79 Days of Gratitude & Thanks - Day 3: Long drives in the car

Most people normally don't like long car rides but I adore them! I get some of my best thinking and ideas while I'm on long car trips.

It is about a 6 hour drive to my mom's from Maryville and on Wednesday, Samantha & I made the trek down to see her. Samantha has become quite a road warrior herself and between a nap or two & a snack or two, she can keep herself pretty entertained. Though she doesn't always appreciate my off pitch singing, she tolerates me to sing at the top of my lungs and endures my dance moves via my hands and upper body. I give it 3-4 more years before she starts rolling her eyes at me and hiding from embrassment.

I can't even begin to count the number of ideas, programs, events I have dreamed up for work, how many times I have rearranged and reorganized my house or how many trips/adventures I have planned while on a road trip. With the invention of a Blackberry, I can web surf, look up recipes, and google any random thought that crosses my mind. On a previous road trip last week, I googled "foods of Missouri" and shopped for airline tickets for an imaginary vacation. Poor Sean, they number of ideas I have sprung on him as a result of road trips - it's a miracle he still rides in the car with me!

I'm pretty sure it's not the actually ride in the car I appreciate but rather the time to allow my mind to think and be creative. So many of my days are preplanned and structured that I never seem to have time to just sit and let my mind wander. That's what I love the most! I love just letting my mind think about and dream about whatever it wants. It's my gift to myself curiosity of a 2007 KIA Optima.

No comments:

Post a Comment