Monday, April 4, 2011

79 Days of Gratitude & Thanks: Day 15 - The power of affirmation

Today, a co-worker shared a compliment that my direct supervisor said about me. Honestly, I was having a really crappy morning prior to that. Instantly, though my day turned around. It is simply amazing how the power of telling someone good job, you are appreciated and/or thank you can make a real difference! As a department supervisor, I strive to make appreciation and affirmation part of my daily work routine. It's not always easy and I'm not perfect at it but man, those days that I go out of my way to say "job well done" or "thank you"- I leave work feeling better. One area it's easy for me to overlook is in my relationship with Sean. I think it's really easy to take advantage of all the good things your partner does, well...because they are your partner - we just assume that they should be doing these things. I'm confident in saying that the times when our marriage struggles the most, is when we take each other for grated and not show our gratitude and appreciation to one other. I should take a lesson from Samantha. We are working her manners right now - please & thank you - and she is really good at showing thanks and appreciation to others. Without missing a beat, EVERY night at dinner she says "Thank you Mommy Daddy for dinner." It's awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment