Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Just The Way You Are...



I've heard this song a number of times, but heard it twice today so it's been floating in my head. The first time I heard it, I cried. A lot and uncontrollably. Thank goodness I was in the car by myself. It's one of the most meaningful and romantic songs I have ever heard. The funny thing is that I didn't care for myself, I cried for Samantha. And not even because this is how I feel about her but because this song is my wish for her. Of course I love her unconditionally, but when the time is right for her to find love, this is how I want it to be for her. Of course, Sean laughed at my silliness, well, because Samantha is 2! But I can't help it. I have so many hopes and wished for her but to have someone in her life who sees her as the most beautiful, wonderful, and priceless gift that they have been given - WOW!

Maybe it's because I went through a so many bad relationships and had a number of toxic experiences that I want to shield her from this. Most of the my life my self-esteem has been really bad. I don't want that for her. I want her to be confident in all that she does! I hope that this is one of the greatest gifts I can give her.

I do realize that it is a bit strange to already be worrying about these things with Samantha. I guess it's all the job description as a parent. I know she will face obstacles in life and won't succeed in everything she does but no matter what I want the people around her to love her just the way she is...

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the Bruno Mars video. I've never heard it before. Probably because I don't keep up with the latest in Pop Music, but I like it a lot. I'm lucky, I have 3 beautiful and amazing females in my life. You, Samantha and Susan, I'm not just saying that because you're my daughter. Well, I guess that I'm a little prejudice, but I really mean it. I think God everyday for you 3. You ARE a beautiful and an amazing person and don't you ever forget that. The world is a much better place because of you and all that you have done. All of the people that you have touched in such a positive way, I AM VERY PROUD OF YOU. You can do anything that you set your mind to. I have faith and confidence in you, so keep up the good work.

    I too hope that Samantha doesn't have to go through very many, if any, bad relationships before finding that special person. Someone that will treat her like the queen our little princess will be. Give her a BIG hug for me and give yourself one also.

    L&MU,

    Patrick

    ReplyDelete